LOCATION – IMPORTANT! The workshop will take place in room VA4 at the IPRES conference venue at IST Lisbon.
Time: We will start on time after lunch at 14:30. If you are a speaker, please make sure to be at the site early to ensure your presentation is up and ready – we are on a tight schedule!
Part 1: Where are we, and where do we want to be?
- A short introduction by the workshop organizers
- Two-minute lightning talks by each participant addressing the following questions
- Who am I? What does my organization do? What is my role?
- What should be done to improve the way we assess and improve preservation capability?What can I do?
Shadrack Katuu: The Utility of Maturity Models – The ECM Maturity Model
within a South African context (paper)
- Andrea Goethals. An Example Self-Assessment Using the NDSA Levels of Digital Preservation (paper)
- Elsa Cardoso: Preliminary results of the survey on Capability Assessment and Improvement (presentation)
30 minutes Coffee break
Part 2: Challenges, goals and new approaches
- Artur Caetano: Situational Method Engineering and Capability Assessment (presentation)
- Hannes Kulovits. A perspective of the Austrian State Archives on the systematic assessment and improvement of Digital Preservation activities, processes and systems (paper)
- Lucas Colet. Process Assessment for Digital Records Preservation and Information Security (paper)
- Diogo Proença. A systematic approach for the assessment of digital preservation activities (paper)
- Discussion time, conclusions and wrap-up